[TxMt] POLL: HTML CodeSense?
pauldcollins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:19:19 UTC 2007
I think it's a great idea. I think just a few more HTML friendly
features would bring a lot more people over to Textmate that are
currently using Dreamweaver or BBedit.
A wishlist I would think of, but not sure if possible:
- Can it auto close the tag when you hit the closing bracket? It
would need to be sophisticated enough to know when NOT to close a tag,
say if you had an IMG for instance.
- For the HTML editor, would it be possible to draw up a list of the
classes in your attached stylesheet when you type CLASS=""? Same goes
- Can we make the tab key indent text, instead of ALT + TAB? Might not
be possible, just worth a check!
- I keep whinging about code coloring and I know it's not the end of
the world, but the ability to target specific tags in your color theme
would be great!
- Special Characters, is there any way to go through the document and
replace or find them all automatically? That would be handy.
- It would be nice to be able to target certain types of files in the
search and replace.
Of course, I have no idea what's out of the scope and what's possible
for you, so apologies if I am asking too much! I have no idea how to
do any of this myself either, but I'd love to help with testing if
it's a help.
Thanks for doing this!
On 01/08/07, Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2007, at 00:18, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
> > So, if you would use such a feature, please reply to this message.
> > Please also reply with what other features you'd like to see in this.
> I'd be keen on something like that, but curious as to if it might
> work within include files for PHP (e.g. no doctype in the file...)
> and would it cope with embedded and inline css as well?
> For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
> (threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
More information about the textmate