[TxMt] Spell checking using Google

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Apr 30 14:45:48 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 29.04.2007, at 13:54, Andy Herbert wrote:
> Yesterday on the TextMate irc channel the [gSpell service for OSX]
> [1] was mentioned, which is a fairly neat way of spell checking
> (more details on the gSpell homepage.) I decided to try and
> simulate the service as a TextMate command which takes a selection
> and looks up the most reasonable alternative with Google.
>
> [The tmCommand is Available here.][2]
>
> [1]: http://nspindel.com/gspell/
> [2]: http://homepage.mac.com/andy.herbert/.Public/Check%20Spelling%
> 20Using%20Google.tmCommand

After learning Ruby a bit better, here comes the utf-8 version for
French, German etc. of it.

You can set a TM shell variable TM_GSPELL_LANG to e.g. 'de' for
German, if you want the German spell checker. If it is unset 'en' is
the default.

Cheers,

Hans

PS Maybe a Ruby programmer could rewrite it better ;)