[TxMt] "Save As" Renaming Bug - any hope for the future?

Chip Cullen chip.cullen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:35:38 UTC 2007

Robin & Simon,

Well, I took a little bit of what both of you did and came up with an
even better solution:

filename="$(CocoaDialog filesave --title 'Save a copy')"
[ -n "$filename" ] && cat >"$filename"
rescan_project

Robin - your solution was working fine, but I had to do the Cmd-Tab
trick to have the new file show up in the project. Simon, your
solution showed the new file in the project drawer, but it was erasing
everything in the 'old' document afterwards and giving a weird error.
So, I just took the bit at the end of Simon's code and put it at the
end of Robin's, and there you go - no error with the document, and
everything shows up in the project drawer.

I guess the only thing that would make this work even better is if the
new file were the open document, and the old one were closed, like a
'true' save as.

Thanks everyone!