[TxMt] tm_dialog and really long plists

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 27 13:53:59 UTC 2007

On 26. Apr 2007, at 22:05, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> Thanks for the help.  Is there any reason to use popen over
> popen3?  Is it just that I don't need popen3 because I'm not using
> stderr for anything?

Yeah, no real reason -- I guess popen is more “built in” than popen3
(seeing how you do not need a require).

I think popen just merges stdout and stderr.

So use whatever you think is easiest :) I guess on the previous
ground you could say popen3 is better, because if there is some
warning or error printed to stderr, it won’t be intermixed with the
resulting plist (which would lead to a parse error, even when the
plist might have been complete, despite the text sent to stderr).