[TxMt] Multiple Languages per bundle

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Apr 27 11:43:54 UTC 2007

On Apr 27, 2007, at 1:18 AM, Dean Nicholls wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am slowly making language bundles for the various languages used
> on the Tandem (HP) NSK systems. So far I have been working on TAL,
> DDL and the Make file syntax used by ACI. I also hope to do a COBOL/
> SCOBOL bundle as well, as time available happens.
>
> My question is this. At the moment it appears that all languages
> must have their own separate bundle. Given that quite a few of
> these (in particular DDL/Make and a couple of others) are going to
> be just syntax highlighting, is it possible to have a combined
> bundle of languages? or do I just suck down each desired language
> (there's not many - maybe 6 or 7 by the time I eventually finish)
> having its own bundle entry?

A bundle can contain many different language grammars. In fact a lot
of the existing bundles do so. The only difference comes when a user
wants to disable a bundle. Then they disable it as a whole, they
couldn't easily disable one or two language files from the bundle (at
least not without making changes to the bundle).

> Cheers
> Dean.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College