[TxMt] More issues with LaTeX syntax highlighting

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:07:35 UTC 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Robin Houston wrote:

> I had a similar problem a while ago, and I fixed it by editing the
> 'TeX' language definition, changing the end delimeter of
> string.other.math.tex as follows:
>
>>         {    name = 'string.other.math.tex ';
>             begin = '\$';
>             end = '\}|\$';
>>
> It has worked without trouble for me. Since other people are having
> similar problems, perhaps this change should be applied.

The problem with that is that it makes code like $foo} valid, so
makes it harder occasionally to detect problems with runaway braces
(hm, or perhaps it makes it more easy). It just feels wrong though to
make this change on that general level. I think we need a particular
rule that handles the \newcolumntype command, and perhaps tabular
environments in general, and I guess perhaps simply makes $ into a
regular character in there.

> Robin

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College