[TxMt] Re: Coda, Panic Sans Font

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 24 03:00:09 UTC 2007

Jacob Rus wrote:
>> I'm digging Inconsolata these days anyway.

> Yeah, slashed (or dotted) 0 is a must for a code font.  It's too bad
> because otherwise Inconsolata is great, especially printed.

Actually, I hadn't looked super closely at Inconsolata before, other
than noticing that it generally is clean.  But it seems to have been
created as a LaTeX font.  Notably, it makes `' look halfway between ''
and ‘’.  I personally am not sure whether I really favor this approach.

But yeah, it prints nicely, and I imagine is particularly nice for
printing LaTeX code.

-Jacob