[TxMt] Re: SubEthaEngine

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Mon Apr 23 23:21:12 UTC 2007

In article <20070423200725.GH98042 at danimal.org>,
 Dan Weeks <textmate at danimal.org> wrote:

> Not that I want to dredge up a poo flinging flame fest, but did anyone
> else see that with the release of Panic's Coda [0] they are using the
> "Subetha Engine" [1]?  Interesting that they've licensed the
> collabrative part of the editor.

Thanks for the tip. I just gave it a test drive and found it pretty
pleasant. Not surprisingly, it seems to look and work a lot like
SubEthaEdit, but has extra capabilities for handling remote sites. It
has a very interesting implementation of find/replace -- a bit limited
but space efficient. The folder display of files looks extremely useful
-- as a live view there's no need to make projects or anything like that.

Not as powerful as TextMate, but not a bad. Personally, though, I'm
still hoping to switch to TextMate (from SubEthaEdit) once chunkier undo
is available.

-- Russell