[TxMt] Flex 2 Bundle

Dave Grijalva grijalva at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:00:29 UTC 2007

Calling all flex/flash/as developers:

We need to come up with a unified bundle design for these technologies.  I
talked about about this with Allan and it sounds like there are several
people working on these same things.  Here are my recomendations:

AS3 bundle:
Should contain ActionScript 3 language syntax, snippets, etc. that are
relevant only to AS3 as a language.  (just as the ruby bundle only contains
ruby stuff and not rails stuff).

Flex2 bundle:
Should contain any extensions to the AS3 bundle that are relevant to flex.
Should contain MXML language syntax, snipptets, etc.
Should contain MXML and AS3 templates for new applications and components.
Should contain commands to build components and applications using the flex2
framework standalone lib.  ("FlexMate")

Thoughts?  Ideas? Improvements?

-dave