[TxMt] command to web and back

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Apr 21 13:00:37 UTC 2007

On 20. Apr 2007, at 23:22, Lawrence Curtis wrote:

> [...]
> Rather than just tell me the syntax if you could point me along to
> the js file that the object is based on or the docs or if failing
> that just tell me the command, that be great!

The function is TextMate.system(shell_cmd, handler) -- but there is a
caveat, this does *not* work for files retrieved over http (for
security reasons). For more info see http://macromates.com/textmate/
manual/commands#html_output

So this complicates things, i.e. the TextMate command would need to
curl the page from the server, and cat that to stdout, so that it can
stay on the internal TM url scheme, where shell commands can be
executed.

How feasible this is, depends on how complex the customization page
(s) are. I.e. if it’s just a single page, it should not be a problem
nor add any real complexity, as the command would simply be:

     curl -s «your server page»