[TxMt] text overlay

Bob Henkel bob.henkel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:30:07 UTC 2007

Not sure if there's a wish list form somewhere anyways I have two semi odd
ones...

It would be handy if there was a overlay feature in textmate much like you
get in photo editing software. What would be really nice if there were X
layers and if you could choose to name each layer and hide and show a layer.
Also if each layer had a transparency setting it would be nice so you could
have 10 layers that combined would appear to be almost one document.  Maybe
you could combine 10 peoples comments on your file.

My second wish list item is meta data for a text file. That is I could tag
line 1 as having meta data of "this line is great". If a user adds more text
to the document and line 1 is pushed down to line 10 that meta data should
stay with the original data it was tagged on.

These requests stem from code reviewing.

Not saying anyone gives a rats about or that this is even remotly possible
or usable. The ideas were on my mind and I thought I would post them.

Bob