[TxMt] Re: Latex latex_config.plist

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Apr 15 19:48:41 UTC 2007

On Apr 15, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Olivier Vert wrote:

> Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at ...> writes:
>
> Hi.
>
> About that, how is it possible to include environments such as
> "equation*" or
> "eqnarray*" in the list? It seems that the '*' character perturbs
> the command!

Yes, just add the a section like this to the file:

		'equation*' = {
			triggers = ( 'eq*', 'eqn*', 'equation*' );
		};

Then you need to make * into a "word character". For that, go to
Preferences -> Text Editing, and you'll see a room for Word
Characters near the bottom. Add it there (and be careful not to add a
space character there).

After that, "eq*" will turn into an equation* environment.

> Thanks,
>
> Olivier.
>
> PS : speaking of the (common) latex.config file, it seems to me
> that there are
> two small misprints in the symbol list: "grtsim" should be
> "gtrsim", and
> "rtimew" should be "rtimes" (and by the way, I do not know "\Chi"
> and "\Digamma"
> (with capital), but perhaps I do not use the correct package!) But
> maybe have I
> an old version?

Thanks I'll have a look at those. Sounds like misprints.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College