[TxMt] TM slows down

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 14 06:40:09 UTC 2007

On Apr 14, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am working on my german thesis and and arranged all tex files
> within a project. One part - it's the abstract - is in english.
> When I edit this english abstract TM slows down dramatically. Im
> not a fast typing user, but after writing a sentence I have to wait
> until TM catches up.
> Parallel I checked the cpu usage and raises up to 60%. I do not
> have this problem with other german tex files within my project.
>
> Any hints how this problem could be solved? If the file is
> required, just give me a shout.

What is it for a computer? I remember a thread 6 or 12 months back
were ppl had severe slowdowns because they used to had "Check
spelling while type" switched on.
I guess your system is set to German and you don't use multi-language
spelling. Then "Check spelling while type" will have a lot to do when
you are in the English part because there are are so many "mistakes".

Niels