[TxMt] Anybody else who LIKES to use the mouse?

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 14:51:00 UTC 2007

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Tony Crockford wrote:
>>
>> learning the keyboard shortcuts using a IBM keyboard on OS X is a
>> nightmare, trust me!
>>

> Swap your keys in the Keyboard prefpane.
> Then use parallels and set the preference to swap control and command keys.
>
> Might take a bit to get used to, but at least it's more consistent.

I hope to one day but right now I'm using a Mac Mini (non-intel) four
screens and Synergy2 [1] to flit between OSX, WinXP and Kubuntu on a
single keyboard connected to the PC.

Whilst I can remap the keyboards on each OS, it's only the WinXP keys
that work. (Synergy passes key code and mouse position references I
think). hard to explain, but I got into a muddle when I tried to swap
the winXP keymap and the OSX one with DoubleCommand - right now on OSX
my command key is an option key and my option key is a command key so
that the alt key on the keyboard is in the place where the command key
would be on a Mac (and so when I KVM with a hardware switch the keys
don't move...)

(Nightmare unresolved!)

I was waiting for Leopard before buying a Mac Pro to run everything on
with parallels, and now that plan is up for review...

;)

[1] http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
Synergy