[TxMt] Command-backtick not working?!?!

Michael Larocque mlarocque at prolumina.com
Wed Apr 11 20:40:21 UTC 2007

On 2007-Apr-11, at 10:34 , Michael Larocque wrote:

> On 2007-Apr-11, at 02:19 , Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> On 10. Apr 2007, at 17:51, Michael Larocque wrote:
>>
>>> I have a weird TextMate problem on my MacBook Pro. (My other
>>> systems don't exhibit this behaviour)  On this system, when I
>>> command-` to switch windows in TextMate, it 'beeps' at me and
>>> doesn't switch windows. All other apps (iTerm, Safari, Mail, etc)
>>> work as per usual. Probably the only 'customization' that I've
>>> done is that I keep svn up'ed in /Library/Application Support/
>>> TextMate. I'm really at a loss as how to debug this.  Any ideas
>>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Some things mentioned here: http://macromates.com/wiki/
>> Troubleshooting/KeyBindings
>>
>> The key is a system key, so as such, TM itself should not see nor
>> handle it, which makes it slightly more weird.
>>
>> Try create a new user account to test if the problem is local.
>>

> This is getting really weird. It is no longer a problem. Here's
> what I've done since yesterday:
>
> My TextMate project files and some of the projects are on an 2GB
> encrypted disk image. As part of some 'housekeeping' duties, I
> wanted more space on the disk image, so I created a new 4GB disk
> image and copied all of the files over to the new disk image. Upon
> opening up a couple of the projects in their new location, command-
> ` now seems to work. Bizarre.

Weirder and weirder. A few hours later and the behaviour is back! And
I haven't changed anything system or application-wise. And it's  only
happening with TextMate. Does anyone have any ideas about debugging
this? Is there some utility that will allow you watch key presses and
follow their path through the system?

Carpe viam,
Mike

Michael Larocque