[TxMt] Subversion View Revision

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Apr 9 09:14:08 UTC 2007

On 9. Apr 2007, at 10:33, Constantinos Neophytou ♎ wrote:

> [...]
> Yes, in the console... After trying to execute the command 3 times
> on the same file:
> error 63 (File name too long) opening sem /tm_dialog async/
> Constantinos/6.

Looking into the error, it seems the semaphore name is too long, and
coincidentally both you and mark has a name of 32 characters, so that
might be the limit (excl. null byte).

I changed the code to use the user ID instead of name, so that should
result in a shorter semaphore name.

To test the update do:

     mkdir -p /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
     cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
     svn co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/PlugIns

Then relaunch TextMate -- and you want to remove the checked-out plug-
in again, after next TM update (to revert to the default version).