[TxMt] Web Preview Displaying Em Sized Text Too Small

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Apr 5 15:44:53 UTC 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 5:12 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 4. Apr 2007, at 05:02, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
>
>> Allan, could you possibly reset the defaults to whatever the
>> standard Safari settings are?
>
> Hmm… I guess now that majority of commands use the webpreview CSS
> it would be okay — but you guys really should not assume that all
> browsers use a 16px font as the base font, or whatever you assume ;)

Actually, yes, you should.
Anyone that has their size set different wants it that way and
	every site they visit should be bigger or smaller based on their
chosen default size.

The only problem here is that TextMate doesn't choose the default
setting,
	it's like using a browser where the user has adjusted the default to
their preference.

Yes, all designs should work with different base font sizes,
	but for designing, it really helps to design to the defaults first.

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors