[TxMt] Blogging Bundle / dateCreated

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Apr 5 09:27:23 UTC 2007

On 23. Mar 2007, at 18:33, Philip Hofstetter wrote:

> [...]
> dateCreated is supposed to be passed around as dateTime.iso8601
> which in turn is defined as
> what s9y uses and this is what the rest of the world uses.
>
> Except MT, that is.
> [...]
> The blogging bundle defaults to the mt-mode and tries to recreate
> this flawed format (parse_post in blogging.rb - I wonder what the
> other T at the end does though) which in turn causes s9y to fail to
> parse the date correctly and set the time stamp to 0 (which isn't
> right thing to do, but I'll report that to their forum).

Brad, would it be okay if we changed the default away from MT, given
this problem?

> [...]
> So I created the attached patch bb_s9ydate.diff, which adds a
> proper s9y mode which basically means it makes blogging.rb use the
> default date handling, but still provide the comment-toggling
> features.

Thanks for your work, before I apply it, I just want to be sure that
we are going in the proper direction.

Having to define a mode for each blogging system out there, and then
per mode decide what to send in the POST, is that necessary? i.e.
what happens if we always send mt_allow_comments and mt_allow_pings,
will some blogging systems fails?