[TxMt] Typeset & View (PDF)

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 12:36:39 UTC 2007

Le 4 avr. 07 à 14:04, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :

> Ok, the question remains though. The script is already complicated
> enough

yes but with  two scripts, the problems would be divided; more users
of mac in general works with pdflatex, and the script for pdflatex is
simplest.
I prefer two scripts like "dvi" and "pdf" and there is no ambiguity
and no test and it's more simple for you !

> and I wouldn't want to add a whole new option about distillers
> until I know there is enough need for that. You can of course just
> change the corresponding word in the file to the distiller you
> use,. Or do you often switch between the various distillers?
> I'll plan to add support for this, along with the option to preview
> the ps file instead of converting it to pdf, in the Ruby version of
> the script, but this won't come out for a couple of months
> probably. So is the ability to switch between distillers really
> critical? If so, I can see about changing the shell script, but I
> try to avoid doing that as much as possible.

No it's not for me!

I hate dvi + ps !!  pdflatex it's very fine for me with Tikz/pgf ( no
pstricks)

But if the new script is a Ruby version, i need to learn Ruby... :)

Alain Matthes