[TxMt] Typeset & View (PDF)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Apr 4 12:04:05 UTC 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 2:23 AM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 4 avr. 07 à 07:04, Charilaos Skiadas a écrit :
>
> ok like TeXshop but .... but  now the problem is if the user ptu
> something on the first line for personnal use, ecause I suppose
> that  %!TEX TS-program = latex  must be on the first line.

No, just like in TeXShop it should work if this line appears anywhere
in the first 20 lines.

> In fact, you are three  Distillers : epstopdf (teTeX's Distiller
> but for eps files) , ps2pdf
> (GhostScript's Distiller) and pstopdf (Apple a product from Adobe
> but not the real distiller)
>
> Some users prefer apple distiller because Apple uses this tools
> (Preview) and if you work with a mac you can think that the tools
> are good ( it's not really the truth but ....).
> The good distiller is Adobe distiller but it's not free and the
> others have defaults. But when something goes wrong with one
> distiller you choose the other like in TeXshop..

Ok, the question remains though. The script is already complicated
enough and I wouldn't want to add a whole new option about distillers
until I know there is enough need for that. You can of course just
change the corresponding word in the file to the distiller you use,.
Or do you often switch between the various distillers?
I'll plan to add support for this, along with the option to preview
the ps file instead of converting it to pdf, in the Ruby version of
the script, but this won't come out for a couple of months probably.
So is the ability to switch between distillers really critical? If
so, I can see about changing the shell script, but I try to avoid
doing that as much as possible.

> Thanks
>
> Greetings Alain

Haris Skiadas