[TxMt] LaTeX command completion shortcut

Édouard Gilbert edouard.gilbert at eleves.bretagne.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Apr 3 21:40:58 UTC 2007

Le 3 avr. 07 à 23:07, Niels Kobschätzki a écrit :

> On Apr 3, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

>>> Because Mac OS X interprets it as something different. If I see
>>> it right there is no cmd+opt+} on a French keyboard-layout, there
>>> is only cmd+} because of the way } is typed ( opt+) )
>>> Either you switch to another layout (preferably US) which will
>>> make some other things harder for you[1]  or you put the shortcut
>>> on something self-defined
>>
>> Well, actually, it's more like there is only cmd+opt+) and not cmd
>> +opt+}. ;)
>> Anyway, when editing the LaTeX bundle to switch the shortcut to
>> the closer to default, that is cmd+opt+), one would expect the
>> Bundle Editor to actually change. It does not. cmd+opt+) seems to
>> be a “forbidden” shortcut, and I still can't see why.
>
> When I type cmd+opt+) with the French layout I get cmd+} because opt
> +) = }
> Therefore there is no cmd+opt+) on the French layout in contrast to
> the US-layout ( there is a cmd+opt+) and a cmd+opt+} )
> In the German layout there is cmd+opt+) but no cmd+opt+}
> Ask Apple why they map the keyboard this way ;)

You manage to get “cmd }” in the TextMate bundle editor ? Because I
can't, and that would be so much more comfortable. When I type cmd+opt
+), the shortcut don't change, the selected field don't change to
“Scope Selector” as it does when you change to change the shortcut to
another one. In fact, it seems to do nothing. Is cmd-} already used
for another TextMate application shortcut or a system-wide shortcut ?

Édouard