[TxMt] LaTeX Watch

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Apr 2 18:30:16 UTC 2007

On Apr 2, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 29. Mar 2007, at 11:43, Robin Houston wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I'd really appreciate any feedback. I think that, with some more
>> flexibility, something like this could be useful to a lot of people.
>
> I agree, this should definitely be a candidate for the LaTeX
> bundle, *but* we need it working with pdflatex ;) I think that is
> what 99% of people (on a Mac) use.

Yes this would be great to see added to the bundle, but we need to
modularize it a bit first, so that we can make it work with pdflatex
as well, when ps output is not required. Also, we need to somehow
make it so that the watcher stops watching a file that is not open in
TM anymore. Not sure how to achieve that last one though.

And ideally rewrite it in ruby, so that we can use the dialog.rb
library instead of all these direct CocoaDialog calls (and so that I
can actually read it ;) ).

Actually, it's really a question of just speeding up the compile,
right? Is there really much speed gained in having the recompile done
automatically instead of triggering it via cmd-R? In other words, is
the overall speedup mostly in using the ini stuff?

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College