[TxMt] Saving generated HTML from Markdown

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Apr 2 00:39:09 UTC 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Michael Williams wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 08:21:03AM -0400, Lists In at IDC wrote:
>> 3) You have to write a document with relatively light formatting
>> to be
>> e-mailed and/or posted to a one-off web page during fast and furious
>> specification development.  So, it needs to be pasted into an e-mail
>> and/or "saved as" a simple file-based web page.  You need to keep the
>> Markdown version as that will form the basis of the final version but
>> it's much too cumbersome to edit and format in Word at this stage (or
>> any stage, but that's another discussion).
>
> This is my own normal use of Markdown, and I like the idea of adding
> "Save HTML to new location" to the default Markdown bundle. In this
> usage case, the HTML is like the PDF compiled from LaTeX source;
> the PDF
> is for public consumption, but you need the LaTeX to continue to
> change
> the document.

There is a difference however, in that the LaTeX source has all the
information determining how the resulting PDF should look like. On
the other hand, Markdown doesn't contain any CSS information. So if
we only care about the HTML, without any css specification, then this
can be done of course, but I am not sure if it really is that useful.

> -- Mike

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College