[TxMt] Textmate RoR Bundle tweak - Running tests straight from TM?

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Tue Sep 26 13:00:30 UTC 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 3:20 PM, Carl Lerche wrote:

> Ok, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I can't find
> anything in textmate to let you run your tests without going to the
> terminal.

When you are in a test file command-R triggers Run from the Ruby
bundle and that will run all of the tests in the current file.  To
run just the test the caret is inside of use shift-command-R to call
on Run Focused Unit Test from the same bundle.  Finally, if you want
to run one complete type of Rails tests (unit, functional, or
integration) or all of the tests, you can trigger the Ruby bundles'
Run Rake Task with control-shift-R.

The only thing not covered is running the test from a model or
controller file, as your script supports.  In practice this hasn't
really affected me since I have both the file I'm working on and the
test file open when building a site.  Perhaps others might enjoy this
feature though.

James Edward Gray II