[TxMt] R console mode difficulties

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Sep 24 23:50:02 UTC 2006

Hi Peter,
On Sep 24, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Peter Cowan wrote:
> Haris,
>
>> print("hello world")
> 294:299: syntax error: Expected end of line, etc. but found
> identifier. (-2741)

Yes I just discovered this problem myself. For some reason quotes are
not escaped as they should be. Working on it.
>> x <- 7
> 152:163: execution error: System Events got an error:
> NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)

This shouldn't give you any problems though, I just tried it and it
worked here. Have you Enabled Access For assisting devices? (System
Preferences -> Universal Access -> Seeing. Bottom of the window.) You
should enable it if it is not enabled. When I disabled it locally it
gave me exactly the error you are seeing, so hopefully that's the
problem with that.

> Thanks for all your efforts!

Hopefully I'll have the quotes working in a couple of hours.

> Peter

Haris