[TxMt] Split the project drawer?

David Rogers al.the.x at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:41:00 UTC 2006

> From: Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com>
> Date: September 22, 2006 12:17:20 PM EDT
> To: TextMate users <textmate at lists.macromates.com>
> Subject: Re: [TxMt] Split the project drawer?
>

> On 22/9/2006, at 18:11, David Rogers wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of any conditions that would prevent files from
>> being grouped? I've been trying to select a number of files for
>> grouping, and encountered no success. I've selected files in the same
>> folder reference, different folder references [...]
>
> While it is not clear from the UI, the project drawer really have two
> modes of operation. Eitehr you work exclusively with folder
> references, and TM will update these, and you can’t do anything wrt
> re-ordering, grouping, etc. Or you work with “static files”, i.e. drag
> each file individually to the project drawer, and you can freely order
> and group these.

Thanks, Allan. Any reason, programmatically speaking, that Textmate
couldn't handle both file/folder references _and_ groupings? I've
encountered quite a few instances in my most recent projects where this
feature would be more than a little handy. Certainly one can work
around it, though. Thanks for contributing a great product to the
'Maciverse'...!

David