[TxMt] GTD Bundle Commands not working

Adam Potthast adamqp at freeminds.net
Wed Sep 20 04:41:17 UTC 2006

Mike,

I may have solved the problem.  I took a look at the Export to
Geektool command and it looks like it was trying to process
excluded.gtd as well.  So I changed line 35 from:

       if (fileName[-3,3] == "gtd") and (fileName != "contexts.gtd")

       if (fileName[-3,3] == "gtd") and (fileName != "contexts.gtd")
and (fileName != "excluded.gtd")

Now it seems to work fine.

I might work on this command a little so that it takes account of
what one wants to ignore in excluded.gtd as well.  Given that I know
nothing about SVN, would it be welcome to send changes to you?

AP

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Mike Mellor wrote:

> Adam -
>
> I'll take a look as soon as I get home tonight.  Thanks for
> catching the error on the blog.
>
> Mike
>
> On 9/19/06, Adam Potthast < adamqp at freeminds.net> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks for responding. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest
> bundle just to make sure (through the GetBundle bundle).  I do have
> excluded.gtd in the project, and when I added "excluded.gtd" to
> itself, the Active GTD List view error cleared up.  However, the
> Export to Geektool command still throws up an error even with all
> this.  The error comes up as a tooltip, so I had to enter it by hand:
>
> /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:42: undefined method `pre_match' for
> nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:38: in `each'
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:38
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:34: in `each'
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:34
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:28: in `each'
> 	from /tmp/temp_textmate.bQodQm:28
>
> By the way, thanks for the great bundle, which was working for me
> not long ago.  It's very useful to have the output function the way
> it outputs to Geektool. You may want to clear up in your
> introduction on the blog whether the exclusions file is
> excluded.gtd or exclusions.gtd.
>
> Adam
>

>> Two questions:
>>
>> Are you using the latest version from the repository?
>> Do you have an " excluded.gtd" file in your TM Project?
>>
>> If you don't have the "excluded.gtd" file, you can get it at my blog
>>
>> Let me know if that doesn't work.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>>> On 9/19/06, Adam Potthast < adamqp at freeminds.net> wrote:
>>> Has anyone else had problems with "Active GTD List View" and "Export
>>> to Geektool" in the GTD bundle following the last couple of Textmate
>>> updates?
>>>
>>> When I run Active GTD List view I get the following error:
>>>
>>> /tmp/temp_textmate.H0K13x:78: undefined method `pre_match' for
>>> nil:NilClass (NoMethodError) from /tmp/temp_textmate.H0K13x:74:in
>>> `each' from /tmp/temp_textmate.H0K13x:74 from /tmp/
>>> temp_textmate.H0K13x:70:in `each' from /tmp/temp_textmate.H0K13x:70
>>> from /tmp/temp_textmate.H0K13x:67:in `each' from /tmp/