[TxMt] Feature request for "Convert Selection to Entities" command

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Sep 19 21:54:09 UTC 2006

On 19/9/2006, at 22:18, Glenn Batuyong wrote:

> [...] It would be convenient if there was another conversion
> command that would
> use the numeric ISO character in place of the named entity. For
> example,
> instead of of converting a ' character to ' the proposed command
> would output ’ ...and – would instead be –

We can put a version in the XML bundle which only does numeric entities.

But seeing how XML has no encoding problems, would you need entities
for anything but the special characters?

> I would assume that TextMate would need to store an updated HTML ->
> XML
> lookup table to do this, similar to the old command.

Come again? Why would the command need to know named entities? You
want it to first decode HTML entities, and then recode them as
numeric entities?