[TxMt] Re: EOL shortcut

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 19 21:21:45 UTC 2006

Dan Lowe wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Michael Reece wrote:
>> shift-cmd-arrow works for me (build 1258)..
>
> That will only select to EOL if the line is not wrapped. For a wrapped
> line, it will only select up to the right edge of your window.

There are two sets of bindings at work here: select to beginning/end of
"line", and select to beginning/end of "paragraph", where "line" ==
visual line, and "paragraph" == physical line in the file, from `\n` to
`\n`.  If you want to change the behavior, or make your own bindings for
selecting visual (i.e. softwrapped) lines, then you should read my
[article][A] about the Cocoa Text System, and the associated page about
available [selectors][B].  You'll want to copy TextMate's key bindings
file from inside the application into your library.[^1]

-Jacob

[A]: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/cocoa-text.html
[B]: http://hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/selectors.html

[^1]: you'll want to move your files from
`/Path/To/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict` to
`~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/KeyBindings.dict`, and then make
your local changes.