[TxMt] Re: EOL shortcut

Dave Winzler dave at nkvt.com
Tue Sep 19 11:52:41 UTC 2006

After some digging I figured out why shift-ctl-rightArrow would no
longer select to the end of line; TextMate's KeyBindings were messed
up in recent cutting-edge releases.

First I tried following the instructions in this article to override
key bindings, but it didn't work for some reason:
http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2005/07/05/key-bindings-for-
switchers/

Then I figured that TextMate had its own KeyBindings file, and sure
enough if you right-click TextMate's application icon and Show
Package Contents, you can edit this file (drag it onto TextMate):
/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict

Replace the bindings for shift-ctl-arrows (^$\UF702 and ^$\U703) with
these lines:

	"^$\UF702" = "moveToBeginningOfLineAndModifySelection:";		/* ctrl-
shift-left arrow */
	"^$\UF703" = "moveToEndOfLineAndModifySelection:";		/* ctrl-shift-
right arrow */

Save changes, relaunch TextMate, and shift-ctl-arrows work as they
did before! No longer with shift-ctl-arrows be the same as shift-opt-
arrows!

Hope this saves somebody else some grief,

	- Dave Winzler