[TxMt] Collaborative Editing

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Sep 14 21:20:45 UTC 2006

On 14/9/2006, at 21:24, Derek Belrose wrote:

> I read Allan's "Future" posting, but I saw nothing about it and was
> wondering if TextMate would ever get this cool feature?

It is definitely not coming up in nearest future.

As cool as collaborative editing is, it is a niche of its own. There
are things I should do before assimilating SEE, and if you look at
SEE, many parts of its interface is specifically for working
collaboratively, all that would really just be bloat if added to TM.

So a better goal (than add the feature itself) would be for this to
be possible via plug-ins.