[TxMt] latex bundle: texniscope intel build

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:46:32 UTC 2006

Hi Jeff,
On Sep 14, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Jeffrey Hau wrote:

> Hi,
> Has anyone tried this intel build of texniscope?
>
> http://www.akropolix.net/rik0/blogs/2006/04/10/texniscope-intel/

> I have tried it and everything seems fine, apart from pdfsync (it
> can link from and to the latex document ok but just not as precise
> as the original powerpc build). just wondering if anyone else have
> had any experience with this build and knows how to make pdfsync to
> work properly.

The help file actually talks about this a bit, saying you should use
the PowerPC binary instead. It seems to be pretty precise about its
pdfsync though, in the sense that, as far as we can tell, it just
takes you one page behind where it should. If I recall correctly.

I don't think there is really a way to fix it unless you get the
source and see in there.

Btw, if anyone here has the time and programming knowledge, I think
the developer of TeXniscope would welcome the help. I think it's
written mostly in Objective-C, and the developer is currently looking
for someone to add PDFKit support.

> thanks,
>
> Jeff

Haris