[TxMt] script arguments/input

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Sep 13 20:10:44 UTC 2006

On 13/9/2006, at 21:57, eriksf at hypersonik.net wrote:

> I've been playing around with running python scripts from TextMate
> (PyMate) which is great. Is there a way to pass arguments or input
> to the
> script. I realize I could just as easily run this from the command
> line,
> but I figured I'd check anyway.

There currently isn’t -- it comes up occasionally, for RubyMate as
well, but no-one has really come up with a good way to do this. I.e.
prompting for arguments for each ⌘R would most definitely suck.
Putting the arguments in a comment at the top of the scripts would
likely be a better approach, I am contemplating doing something like
that for RubyMate, though for RubyMate it actually runs the shebang
line (if it is given), thus it is sort of possible to provide it with
arguments.