[TxMt] TODO bundle running slow

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Sep 13 18:03:40 UTC 2006

On 13/9/2006, at 18:43, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> Tried to use the TODO bundle and it was taking an age (10s of
> seconds) to give me a result.  Some puts in the command code showed
> it was parsing all the text files in the directory and sub
> directories that the project file resided in.  These files are a
> super set of the ones in the project draw - I only expected it to
> search in the project specific files.  As a contrast using the
> 'find in project command' to search for TODO returns instantly.

The TODO command is a bundle command, there is currently no simple
way these can know exactly which files are in the project, so they
treat it as the project is all the files in the project folder.

This will likely improve, however, projects are also going to be
really just folders, not a selected subset of arbitrary folders…