[TxMt] Regarding the LaTeX bundle

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Wed Sep 13 07:11:21 UTC 2006

On 12 sept. 06, at 15:17, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Well, I was actually kidding, but if you do want to do this the
> simplest thing would be to create a new snippet with key equivalent
> $, and with text: “\( $TM_SELECTED_TEXT$1 \)” without the quotes.
> Then you can tab out of the math environment, provided you don't
> use a different snippet while in there. This also allows you to
> enclose something in a math environment simply by selecting it and
> then pressing $.
>
> The only thing remaining is an easier way to get out of the math
> environment, perhaps by pressing $ anywhere in an existing math
> environment. You could that by a macro that searches for a regular
> expression (?<=\\\))
>
> This is just an idea, it has some problems that would need to be
> smoothed out. First of all, inserting an actual dollar sign is more
> difficult, but we could allow it by having the above not work after
> a slash (for escaped dollar signs) and not work in verbatim
> environment. (see http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
> scope_selectors#scope_selectors, section 13.3)
>
> second, I often find that while in math, I use $ to split a math
> formula in two. So perhaps inside a math environment it might be
> best for $ to do that.
>
> All these would, if they become official in any way, go into the
> separate LaTeX Experimental bundle, so that people who do not want
> them could disable them.
>

> Another simpler thing you can do, which doesn't conflict with the
> use of $, is to create a snippet, with tab trigger \(, which would
> insert “\\( $0 \\”, without the quotes. It's not perfect, but it's
> a start. Try it out and see if it works. You would need to press a
> tab after the \( of course.
> One could instead set the snippet to have a key equivalent of (,
> have a scope that only triggers it when the caret is after a \
> (which is actually not too easy to do now that I think about it),
> and have its text be “( $1 \\)” without the quotes.

Thanks for these suggestions. I'm still very new to TextMate
customization (I only created a small bundle for some very specific
files I often edit), but I'll definitely explore these solutions.

Thanks again,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO