[TxMt] Trouble buying TextMate in France?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Sep 8 08:02:42 UTC 2006

On 7 sept. 06, at 20:51, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 7/9/2006, at 10:13, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>
>> [...] This might be a peculiarity of using Paypal from France, but
>> I was wondering if others had had the same bad experience, and how
>> they managed to get around it. TextMate is great, but I only have
>> 3 demo days left :(
>
> I do seem to recall having dealt with more from France than other
> countries, where PayPal did not accept their credit card. But the
> number of rejected credit cards is probably one per mille or so, so
> it’s not a major problem.
>
> Please write tm-sales (at) macromates.com and I will provide you
> with an alternative payment method.
>
> Sorry about the inconvenience.

After registering my card with PayPal, I was able to buy TextMate
(which I just did) ;-) I know that it's not such a big deal to have
to open a PayPal account and wait for 4 or 5 days for it to be
activated, but I know at least one person who did not buy TextMate
because of this.

In any case, all is well now.

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO