[TxMt] Web Preview broken?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Sep 5 02:00:44 UTC 2006

On Sep 4, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Martin Backschat wrote:
> I'm editing a Dashboard widget as a TextMate project. It took me a
> while to figure out that **updates to CSS are not reflected in the
> Web Preview** of the corresponding HTML page of the widget.
>
> I can even completely delete the contents of the CSS file, and
> still, the preview renders with the old version of the CSS file. I
> tried Command-R, manual reloads in the preview windows etc -
> nothing worked except quitting and restarting TextMate, which is
> obviously not a satisfying solution.
>
> Do I miss something here? (For me, this feature seems to be broken,
> and I found some mailing list posting from 6 months ago; but I
> hoped that the current version has fixed these problems).

It is broken in a way, the behavior you describe is still how it
works I think. What I do is to include the CSS via <style> tags in
the HTML while testing this way, or to be previewing the file in a
browser instead. (TM does this a bit easier via a command bound to
cmd-R)

You might want to file a report here if there isn't one already:
http://macromates.com/ticket/

> My configuration is
> TextMate 1.5.3 (1215),
> Mac OS X 10.4.7 Latest update,