[TxMt] TermMate bug

Bill Bumgarner bbum at mac.com
Tue Oct 31 17:14:08 UTC 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 1:57 AM, Daniel Harple wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:
>
>> If you hit ctrl-shift-i in an untitled window, TermMate barfs up
>> an error "(erb):75:in `chdir': No such file or directory -
>> TM_DIRECTORY (Errno::ENOENT) from (erb):75".
>
> Well, TerminalMate doesn't use ERB, and I can't reproduce the
> problem. Untitled windows are plain text scoped and all
> TerminalMate commands are source scoped, so did you change the
> scope/default scope of your untitled document?

Nope -- they are coming up as "plain text" with a scope of "text.plain".

How odd.  Aha!  It is actually the ImageBrowser that barfs up that
error (sorry!).

It would seem that TermMate's scope of activation is too narrow.
That is, I find that I'm hitting ctrl-shift-i in any random editor,
including ones that do not contain source, simply so I can dive into
an interactive shell.   Lacking a source scope, simply bringing up an
iTerm shell without a language interpreter and the CWD set to the
document's directory would be useful.

Any chance this stuff could hit a subversion repository somewhere?  I
would like to hack on it a bit.

b.bum