[TxMt] Stupid CSS Tricks

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Tue Oct 31 12:31:45 UTC 2006

I hadn't originally included that tab stop, but added it for various
and sundry reasons before uploading.  But I think you're right, if
you wanted to use a shortcut or something other than a preconfigured
property:value; pair, a return at the end of the line would have the
same effect with fewer keystrokes.  I think that it's important to
tab the entire declaration when first creating the definition, as at
that point you haven't had a chance to make that choice.  My other
question would be: is the comment section worth the extra tab stop?
Do other developers add comments on EVERY rule or should there just
be a separate shortcut for adding a quick comment?

My revision to the class and ID definition snippets would include the
initial property/value pair:

${2:${3:property}: ${4:value};}$0

and the New Declaration would remove the second tab stop:

;
${1:property}: ${2:value};$0

Also, the New Selector would remove the comment block and I would add
a quick snippet triggered on *-Tab to create /* $0 */

Would that be a worthwhile improvement?  Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
Brett