[TxMt] [ANN] TerminalMate 0.1 -- The TextMate Terminal

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:19:41 UTC 2006

On 31/10/06, Sam Aaron <sam.maillists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could anybody explain what a typical workflow for using TerminalMate
> might be. My naive expectation was a terminal that existed inside
> TextMate that benefited from all of the lovely syntax highlighting
> and snippets etc. (I still have a fond dream of irb inside TextMate,
> but just can't seem to spawn a new background process without
> stalling the whole of TextMate).
>
> However, on calling the bundle, I just get a separate iTerm window.
> Does it have special properties? Am I seeing a stone, where others
> can see an uncut gem?

I was actually wanting this only a few days ago.  I use python, and I
can now select a piece of code and with one keystroke, run it in an
interpreter and check that it does something sensible, doesn't have
syntax errors, etc.

The only extra thing I would want from it is a command that checks the
file for any import statements and runs those before it pastes the
command in.

It's very handy, but it's probably not going to be a revelation in the
way you work (or at least not for me).  It's just a quick sanity check
that saves you having to run a terminal in another window, switch to
it, paste in your code, etc.

Ed