[TxMt] tm_dialog: TextField content output utf-8 encoded?

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Oct 30 12:30:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

if I have a nib with a NSTextField I start the dialog and type e.g.
German umlauts or Japanese etc. the STDOUT output is a '\U####'
sequence.

 >{ignCase = 1; regExp = 1; searchString = "\U00f6\U00e4\U00fc
\U00blabla"; }

Would it be possible to output the content à la

NSFileHandle *fh = [NSFileHandle fileHandleWithStandardOutput];
if (fh) {
	[fh writeData:[output dataUsingEncoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding]];
}

??
Or are there any disadvantages with that?

Best,

Hans