[TxMt] A mistake (?) in the Python bundle

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Mon Oct 30 03:46:58 UTC 2006

Hey there,

I noticed there's been some activity updating the Python bundle and
language defs (thanks!). The new language grammar is flagging
something as invalid, but I'm pretty sure what I'm doing is kosher.

Its catching my return statement that returns a tuple that I'm
defining (and surrounding) by parenthesis at the time of return.

A trivial example:

def something():
     one = 1
     two = 2
     return (one,two)

It looks like there are three scopes that are being assigned here (on
the return statement, that is), which I don't think should matching
here:

invalid.illegal.name.python
entity.name.function.python
meta.function-call.python

I just wanted to bring this to your/someone's attention. Thanks for
taking the time to make the Python bundle better ... if I recall
correctly, most everything used to be in just a source.python scope,
so the new work is much appreciated.

Thanks,
-steve