[TxMt] Re: odd spacing with "puts" in RubyMate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 29 17:28:42 UTC 2006

On 29. Oct 2006, at 17:29, Matt Neuburg wrote:

>> What version of RubyMate?
> How would I find out the answer to that question? Pls answer in
> words of one
> syllable or fewer. :)

Read the text in the RubyMate output window.

Mine says:

     RubyMate r5712 running Ruby v1.8.4 (/opt/local/bin/ruby)
     >>> untitled

> [...]
> How would it come to pass that I would be running a different
> version of
> RubyMate than what's inside TextMate 1.5.3? Again, please speak as
> if I were
> a complete idiot. m.

You could have done a subversion checkout -- and the version number
of TextMate includes a revision number in parenthesis after the
1.5.3, so you could be running 1.5.3 (1215), which is the latest
official release, or 1.5.3 (1305), which is latest “cutting edge”
and has seen several changes to RubyMate, amongst other improved
handling of whitespace (tabs, etc.) -- which version you want to run
is set in Preferences → Software Update.