[TxMt] odd spacing with "puts" in RubyMate

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun Oct 29 04:02:32 UTC 2006

I have a Ruby script like this:

  result.each do |k, v|
    puts "----"
    puts k
    v.each {|m| puts "\s#{m}"}
  end

The point is that the first two lines (of each iteration) have no space
before them, but the remaining lines have a space. In Terminal the output
starts out like this:

----
String
 %
 *
 +

That is correct. In RubyMate the output starts out like this:

----
String
%
*
+

That's incorrect. Where's my initial space? No matter how many \s I ask for,
I never get that many in the output. m.

PS I think I'm also seeing some occasional problems where a lot of puts
causes the output to hang, so that I have to close the RubyMate window and
get it to stop running. But I'm not able to reproduce reliably so I could be
wrong about this.

--
matt neuburg, phd = matt at tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!