[TxMt] Stupid CSS Tricks

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Sat Oct 28 23:23:18 UTC 2006

Okay, their stupidity is arguable, it's just that they're so simple
it hurts.  But they just helped me finish a CSS job in record time,
so I thought I'd share.  They're set up to let you speed through
setting up your selectors and then add the definitions you're sure
about.  Then you can insert lines and use tab triggered shortcuts to
insert further definitions.  Hitting tab at the end of a rule builds
a new rule, hitting tab at the end of a property:value; creates a new
property:value; line.  I set up #-Tab to create a quick ID snippet
and .-tab to do a class.  They do the same thing, it just works the
way a CSS coder thinks (or at least the way I do).

Lastly, I scoped the Insert Color command to meta.property-list.css
and added a # tab trigger.  The ID tab trigger is scoped to
source.css.  So if you're inside of a definition typing #-Tab will
give you the color picker (with the groovy color shortcuts) and
outside will give you a new id.  I didn't throw that into the bundle,
I'll let you make that mod on your own if you see fit.

Side note:  Learning the CTRL-[alpha] navigation keys has been a huge
timesaver for me.  Moving my hand over to the arrow keys was almost
as bad as picking up the mouse!

Brett Terpstra : Art Director
Circle Six Design, Inc.
111 Riverfront Dr, Suite 204