[TxMt] help me get started with textmate doing rails development

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Fri Oct 27 17:08:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I'm trying textmate. How best to be introduced to this editor? Is
> there a tutorial anywhere -- especially a rails specific one?

I don't intend to sound condescending, but you should try to at least
look over the manual. Some sections that will be immediately helpful
are:

   * Working with Text [1]
   * Bundles [2]

The screencasts are real helpful too.
http://macromates.com/screencasts

> etc. What key sequences are doing this expansion?

The Tab key.

The "magical" expansions that you'll run across in the screencasts
and what not are either "Snippets" or "Macros". Keep yours eyes open
for those words as are you're perusing the manual and it should
become a bit clearer.

HTH
-steve

[1] http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/