[TxMt] Mail language scope

Jeremy Amos jeremy at igneramos.com
Wed Oct 25 16:11:04 UTC 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Fred B wrote:

>> Two other things I dislike about using Markdown for email is that
>> bold (⌘B) wraps the text in two asterisks (and visually *bla* is
>> italic),
>
> Totally agree.

Shouldn't Markdown for email be using **bla** for bold (since that
translates to <strong> AFAIK)?

And I'd argue that *bla* is visually bold, whereas _bla_ is visually
italic.

<semi-rant>
I must confess to not being a fan of the fact that *bla* and _bla_
are synonymous in Markdown, because visually they are not synonymous
(*bla* carries more visual weight than _bla_).

[additional blathering deleted]

But that's just me.
</semi-rant>