[TxMt] Solution Approach for Hypersearch in TM Version 1.0

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 22 18:34:10 UTC 2006

On 18. Oct 2006, at 11:52, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> Jacob's suggestion to use a nib interface instead of CocoaDialog
> would be nice, but I don't know how to bind such an interface to TM
> or bash????

We have introduced a new tm_dialog shell command which reads default
parameters (for the nib) from stdin, and the name of the nib is an
argument (-m/--modal to bring it up as a modal requester).

It then outputs the new values (as a plist) to stdout, including
which button was pressed, and the return code of tm_dialog reflects
the tag value of the pressed button.

It’s quite simple to use, but a little complicated to explain how to
accomplish for non IB users, so I will do a screencast one of these
days where I will go through creating a complex dialog.

Also, presently people need to checkout the code from the repository
and compile it themselves. I will do a new build where this is
included, when it has gotten a bit of testing.