[TxMt] Embedding shell variables

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 22 09:11:35 UTC 2006

On 22. Oct 2006, at 02:38, Todd Breiholz wrote:

> Thanks for the response. Maybe I wasn't clear, though.  I'm trying to
> define the TM_FLEX_ROOT  project variable in the _project information
> window_ with a value of $TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY/flex

Ah okay, no, when setting variables from within TextMate, you cannot
use other variables in the value.

Instead create a file named .textmate_init in your project, and let
it contain:

     export TM_FLEX_ROOT=$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY/flex
     export TM_SERVICES=$TM_FLEX_ROOT/config/WEB-INF/flex/services-
config.xml

Then for all (shell) commands you run from that project, the
variables should be correctly expanded.