[TxMt] MODx Syntax Highlighting

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Oct 21 06:13:41 UTC 2006

On 20. Oct 2006, at 16:14, Max wrote:

> There are some Snippet-calls which take parameters:
> [[Snippet? &parameter=`value` &parameter2=`value2`]]
> I tried to define the parameters as variable.parameter.modx and the
> values as string.quoted.modx but TM doesn't seem to recognize this.

It should be doable, so would need to see the grammar you tried to
troubleshoot.

> Also when I write a MODx Tag into a html-string (e.g. <a
> href="[(base_url)]">...) TM will ignore it.

Yes, that’s because of how strings are matched with begin/end. If you
edit the existing HTML grammar, add an include for your tags to the
embedded-code array in the repository.

If you are making this as a derived grammar (i.e. one that includes
the HTML grammar) you are current out of luck (but this will be
addressed in the future, it’s a quite frequent problem).

> Last I tried to highlight invalid snippet calls (e.g. [[Snippet
> &param... (missing ?) or [[Snippet? &param='foo' (normal quotation
> mark)) but this won't work either.

Again, w/o seeing how you did this, it is difficult to say.